Video of a densely packed cylinder of spherical particles in a oscillating Couette flow. Link to paper.
- Howard, Amanda A., Zhou, Yongcheng, & Tartakovsky, Alexandre M. (2019). Analytical steady-state solutions for pressure with a multiscale non-local model for two-fluid systems. arXiv. Link.
- Howard, Amanda A., Maxey, Martin R., & Yeo, Kyongmin (2018). Settling of heavy particles in concentrated suspensions of neutrally buoyant particles under uniform shear. Fluid Dynamics Research, 4, 041401. Link.
- Howard, Amanda A. & Maxey, Martin R. (2018). Simulation study of particle clouds in oscillating shear flow. J. Fluid Mech, 852, 484-506. Link.
- Cui, Francis R., Howard, Amanda A., Maxey, Martin R. & Tripathi, Anubhav (2017). Dispersion of a suspension plug in oscillatory pressure-driven flow. Phys. Rev. Fluids, 2, 094303. Link.
Matlab code to generate the Force Coupling Method mobility matrix, to create the two-body resistance functions, as well as the order one corrections to the near-field forms of the two-body lubrication resistance functions, is available online in the Brown Digital Repository. I am grateful to Eric Keaveny and Kyongmin Yeo, who developed early C++ versions of this code.
Presentations and Posters
- Non-local surface tension model for multiphase flows
Talk at Rising Stars in Computational and Data Sciences, Austin, TX, April 2019
- A Mathematical Model For Fluid Flow In A Fractured Media
Talk at the Association for Women in Mathematics Research Symposium, Dallas, TX, April 2019
- Simulations of suspension flows with a meshless moving least squares
Talk at the World Congress on Computational Mathematics, New York, NY, July 2018
- Simulation study of particle clouds in oscillating shear flow Women in Mathe- matics of Materials
Poster at Women in Mathematics of Materials, Ann Arbor, MI, May 2018
- Simulations of suspension flows with a meshless moving least squares scheme.
Talk at the Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Diego, CA, January 2018
- Particle dispersion and segregation in suspension flows with bidispersed par- ticle sizes
Talk at APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Denver, CO, November 2017
- Implementation of a meshless MLS scheme for simulations of suspension flows.
Poster at C17 Women in HPC Workshop, Denver, CO, November 2017
- Simulations of suspension flows with a meshless MLS scheme
Talk at 18th International Workshop on Numerical Methods for Non-Newtonian Flows and 3rd Complex Fluids and Flows in Industry and Nature workshop, Vancouver, Canada, June 2017
- Simulations of Viscous Suspension Flows with a
Meshless MLS Scheme
Talk at SIAM Computational Science and Engineering, Atlanta, GA, February 2017
Slides and a video of this presentation are available online here.
- Development of wall layering in non-homogeneous suspension shear flows
Talk at APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Portland, OR, November 2016
- Particle fluxes and irreversibility due to shear flow in a bidisperse system
Talk at the International Conference on Multiphase Flow, Florence, Italy, May 2016
- Simulation study of oscillating particle clouds
Talk at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Applied Math Days, Troy, NY, April 2016
- Particle dispersion in non-stationary and non-uniform suspension flows
Talk at APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Boston, MA, November 2015
- Particle dispersion in non-stationary suspension flows
Talk at Applied Mathematics Graduate Seminar, Brown University, Providence, RI, October 2015
- Particle dispersion in oscillating suspension flows
Talk at CRUNCH Seminar, Brown University, Providence, RI, July 2015
- Simulation study of suspension
plugs in unsteady microchannel flows
Talk at APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, San Francisco, CA, November 2014
- Volumetric mode sorter based on
Poster at Joint Mathematics Meetings, Boston, MA, January 2012